Note that only complete application will be considered for review. All items in step 1 & 2 below must be finished and all documents received by the deadline for your application to be considered complete.
1. Submit an online application to the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) – sophas.org
- Arrange for GRE exam scores to be sent to UF SOPHAS code 7769
- Arrange to have one set of official transcripts from each institution attended sent to SOPHAS (the address is listed below)
- -SOPHAS requires a WES evaluation for all international transcripts
- Arrange to have 3 Letters of Recommendation submitted.
- Submit your professional Statement of Purpose outlining objectives that match the philosophy and focus of the program.
- Submit a Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
|SOPHAS Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 9111
Watertown, MA 02471
|For Overnight Delivery Only:
c/o Liaison International
311 Arsenal Street
Watertown, MA 02472
2. Complete the University of Florida Application for Graduate Admissions online and pay the non-refundable application fee. Find the application here: https://www.isis.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/eaglec?page=IGA-INTRO
- When completing the primary program section, please choose your desired fall term and year and then enter the Degree goal of PhD. The Program of study will be listed under Public Health where you will choose —Social and Behavioral Sciences. Once you have chosen, your program of study will appear as shown below:
Note: The Statement of Purpose should be submitted in SOPHAS only. Therefore, when prompted to enter your Statement of Purpose on the UF, please type “Submitted in SOPHAS.”
- Arrange to have the following sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions (the address is listed below).
- Official transcripts from each previous institution attended (other than University of Florida)
- If transcripts are not in English, an exact translation is required in addition to the official transcript.
- International students are also required to submit an official copy of their degree certificate(s)
- Official GRE test scores sent directly from ETS to the University of Florida code 5812. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the official scores to arrive.
- Official TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB scores sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions (International students only).
UF Applications Mailing Address:
UF Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Florida
P.O. Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611